Life skills package
Help your child to feel more confident in everyday life?
The ‘Life Skills Series’ is an exciting new package!
The package series sets goals and allows me to tailor a program that will suit your child’s needs.
Each session works towards achieving the goals we set together, with a particular focus on:
- Understanding money and managing a budget – in today’s world, children are far less likely to physically handle money. This often makes it harder to teach them about the value of money, and the importance of saving for survival and financial security. This session delves into understanding financial transactions, and creating and managing a budget.
- Food/meal planning – This session covers the importance of meal planning to ensure healthy eating habits and understanding how to budget for food.
- Good hygiene – We discuss why good personal hygiene is so important, including cleanliness and food preparation. For young women, the importance of good hygiene during menstruation will also be covered in a sensitive way.
- Managing transport – This session covers the importance of arriving on time for appointments and social meetings. We will also discuss how to read public transport timetables and understand the concept of time.
- Interacting with people in the community with confidence – We will wrap up all concepts discussed in previous sessions as they relate to interacting effectively with others in your immediate community. We will also cover purchasing items in a shop, going to the movies, going to restaurants, and being able to order food for yourself and others.
The goal of the Life Skills Series is to help your child feel more confident in everyday life situations.
The total cost of this package ranges between $975 – $1950 (10%off when paid upfront) depending on the needs of your child and includes all sessions, ongoing email support, and a detailed report with recommendations moving forward (provided after the last session).
Step 1: A free 30 minute confidential & obligation free call to see if we are the right fit.
Step 2: An initial consultation to identify a tailored plan to reach your ideal outcome and the level of support needed for your child. Duration: 1 hour Cost: $195
Step 3: Commitment to an ongoing tailored plan or package outlined in your initial consultation to reach your ideal goal over a set period of time.
National Disability Insurance Scheme
If you self-manage your NDIS, you can include my services under the CAPACITY BUILDING category. I will provide you with a bill, which you can then claim back through your NDIS funding package. Social Living Solutions is not registered with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) so you must self-manage in order to claim.